Danny Brown’s XXX, the follow up to his lauded 2010 project The Hybrid, will collide with the internets on August 15th.
The first full-length release from Danny since his acclaimed The Hybrid in 2010, XXX is a concept record about hedonism, growing up, and Detroit, taking listeners on a profane and psychedelic journey through the uncensored mind of rap’s most electric MC. There’s no laundry list of guest appearances or producers-for-hire, keeping the focus squarely on Danny and his rhymes: a triple stack of pop culture references and did-he-really-say-that? provocations atop the heart of a poet.
Fool’s Gold and pioneering streetwear brand ALIFE will premier XXX with an invite-only event in NYC this Saturday (8/13) featuring live performances by Danny Brown, ASAP Rocky and DJ sets from Nick Catchdubs. Danny will perform alongside Action Bronson and FG label mate Party Supplies at Rockaway Beach on August 20th, and join Das Racist on their “Relax” tour throughout the USA all this fall.
XXX will be available for free download on Monday August 15th over at foolsgoldrecs.com. Hit the jump for the tracklist.
1. XXX (produced by Frank Dukes)
2. Die Like A Rockstar (produced by Skywlkr)
3. Pac Blood (produced by Brandun Deshay)
4. Radio Song (produced by Brandun Deshay)
5. Lie4 (produced by Skywlkr)
6. I Will (produced by Squadda Bambino)
7. Bruiser Brigade feat. Dopehead (produced by Skywlkr)
8. Detroit187 feat. Chip$ (produced by Nick Speed)
9. Monopoly (produced by Quelle)
10. Blunt After Blunt (produced by Skywlkr)
11. Outer Space (produced by Skywlkr)
12. Adderol Admiral (produced by Paul White)
13. DNA (produced by Frank Dukes)
14. Nosebleeds (produced by DJ HouseShoes)
15. Party All the Time (produced by Brandun Deshay)
16. EWNESW (produced by Quelle)
17. Fields (produced by Paul White)
18. Scrap or Die (produced by Paul White)
19. 30 (produced by Skywlkr)
Previously: Danny Brown Interview w/ Ruby Hornet
Stop by and tell me what you think… parts of the site are not functioning however it’s up and since it is I figure i would take this opportunity to get some feedback.